Drawing on assigned readings plus at least three references from your own research, please respond to the following essay prompt in about 1,500 words (excluding the reference list at the end of the paper):
Explain and assess the partisanism and political strategies surrounding the legislative processes, debate, and enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.
For this module, you are required to read:
• Weissert, W. & Weissert, C. (2012). Congress. Chapter 1 (pp. 15-78) of Governing Health:
The Politics of Health Policy, (4th ed.). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
• Weissert, W. & Weissert, C. (2012). The Presidency. Chapter 2 (pp. 79-130) of Governing Health: The Politics of Health Policy, (4th ed.). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
• Congressional Digest. (2011). The medicare debates of 1965, 1995, and 2003: Pros and cons of medicare’s creation and subsequent reforms. Congressional Digest, 90(6), 169-173.
• Beaussier, A. (2012). The patient protection and affordable care act: The victory of unorthodox lawmaking. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 37(5), 741-778.
• Frakes, V. (2012). Partisanship and (un)compromise: A study of the patient protection and affordable care act. Harvard Law School Journal on Legislation, 49(1), 135-149.
Get professional help with your research essay paper today from our student essay service. For all your Academic Essay/ Research/ Thesis/ Dissertation/ writing needs at an affordable price. 100% authenticity and on-time delivery/ Overnight delivery/ 6 hours delivery. Try our services and we assure you of getting a good grade in your coursework, Term Paper, Research Paper, Thesis, or Dissertation. Order this paper and enjoy a 20% discount today